I am filled with the presence of some one I never knew,
Though they were of my own flesh.
I feel slightly taken aback observing a playing child,
Knowing mine never got this chance.
Sadness engulfs me,
Imparting tears to pass threw my eyes.
I cant help but think I gave consent to this,
I allowed the danger to become a factor.
You may have made it here,
Had it not been for my inadequate judgements.
Forever I will live with my guilt,
Knowing you may have had a chance if I had just not had those drinks.
I see you in the eyes of every small child,
Wondering what my life would be like now if only I had you to hold.
The thing I regret the most is that you never got the chance,
And I took that from you.
I have been told that I was not to be faulted,
Yet I feel I could have done more to protect you.
There are days dear baby,
That I will feel you all around me.
Feeling your total presence,
Missing out on what could have been.
You live in the eyes of all the small children I see,
But most of all you live in my heart.
3 comments:
its a bit of pain i quit trying to hide...
Hi Hulai,
I just started my working day and thought i'll popped by.
At first i thought these were lyrics..they are good enough to be sang in a song. This post is so sad..in a beautiful way. This can only come from someone who has been through a tough personal experience..
How are you feeling?
Im ok I just looked at the calendar and realized that mothers day is really fixing to pop up around the corner. I hurt badly on that day. Its just hard for me. Considering that when you have a miscarriage you dont get recognized as a mother. So its just hard for me. Because part of me went into the mother mode but I have nothing to show for it. I dont know it just hurts. Thanks Nats. I just dont know why its already bothering me...
Post a Comment