Don't cry because its over, Smile because it happened. -- Dr. Seuss
Sunday, February 13, 2005
My confession
It has been said you get two great loves in your life. I believe I have found one of mine. Yet I chose to be hard headed and closed off. I used to believe that Toby was it. Nope, wrong. He doesnt even qualify. I believe that my second great love is not of human type but of art. I love music and dance. Two talents I posess. Even if I dont flaunt them. Rarely does one hear me sing. I dance no longer. Those are two love affairs I will never fully put to rest. But they classify as art. This other great love of coarse is a person. Some one of great ability as a friend and as the one I love. I dont speak freely often on that. Sure I write how I love him. Yes I am open in telling you or anyone that. Love is just not my comfort zone. But he is of great importance to my heart. I unwittingly began a relationship with him in a friendly manner years ago. God put him in my path and there he has remained. Even when my best friends failed to understand. He has been there. For this I thank him. I also ask that he be as patient with me as he has always been. I know right now if a hard time for him, for different reasons it is hard for me also. I am reliving some pain right now that I dont freely speak of. Things that haunt me. But one day when I am ready I will reveal those things. The heartache of one year that damn near drove me to my limits. I was young yes, but I was hurting and unable to openly express it. This pain is around 9 years old. That entire year is one I wish to remain a mystery and only tell of the good times. It was the begining of the end in a period of my life. But one day I shall be more open. But to you, I only hope you know the truth. That truth being that I do love you. You and your friendship have meant more to me than I chose to let on. But I want you to know the depth of the love that goes behind my words. Even if my actions are not always evident of that love. I love you. I hope you know that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well if your true loves are dance and music, then one of mine is running. I honestly don't know if I believe in the whole two great loves thing. I think you are lucky to experience one...
art is one (dance and music classify as one), the other is a person. I just chose to not put his name. You know and he does too who that was about.
you know one day you will learn not to trust love. it is bullshit handed to us. false hope. dont trust it.
dang and i thought i was a cynic...
Post a Comment