Sunday, May 22, 2005

That Voice

I heard that ever familiar voice in my sleep tonight,
The one you used to wake me up that night.

The night my world fell apart,
When my head was spinning and my body was broken.

Thats where the dream started,
With me coming out of the haze.

Then I could see them again,
Doing to me as they pleased.

I wanted to scream and cry but my voice wouldnt work,
I wanted to kick and fight back but my limbs wouldnt cooperate.

Part of me was yelling,
"You were supposed to be my friends."

I know they could see the hurt in my eyes,
Even through the drugs and alcohol.

Why me is all I wanted to know,
I had never hurt anyone.

When had I become a target,
A target to be used as they did to me.

Then left for him to find me beaten and hurting,
Bruised beyond belief.

Ever so gently he cleaned my cuts,
Healed my pain and anguish.

Never letting me out of his constant vigilant watch,
For fear I would find this hateful fate again.

Thats why I hear the soothing voice,
Trying to remain calm so that I didnt lose it.

Never saying one word when I asked it to be kept secret,
But keeping his vow to return and make them pay.

That he did with avengence,
Forever taking my love with him for the care he showed me.

I heard that voice in my sleep tonight,
Knowing it was all but a dream I cried remembering his gentle touch.

When I needed the kindness most,
His voice was what echoed in my ears.

Now when my dreams turn to that night,
I hear that saving voice calling me back to reality and safety.

5 comments:

Pseudosanity said...

I am really hoping that all this is just some fertile imagination. It would totally suck if anything in here was actually factual.

Unknown said...

Factual but I dont talk about it. I have been having dreams lately and had to get some out... But dont worry it was a long time ago and I never told anyone other than the person who "rescued" me that night. But yes unfortunatly this was factual.

Anonymous said...

Some unearthly experience - but since you say it's factual - like in most things factual, there is always 'hope' at the end of it all. I've just read your posting on my page. Your blogs are pretty engaging. Not sure you are entirely 'confessional' in your writings but it does lend some insight into you.

compassioNAT said...

Hulai,

I'm sorry you went through what sounded like a very rough experience.

I wished it wasnt true. Sucks that it is, but i hope that by getting it out of your system, you'll be able to move on, as you have shown.

Unknown said...

like i said a long time ago and it wasnt something i talked about. just a story but sometimes you have to let shit out.