Friday, March 25, 2005

Take a good look

Take a good look
At the girl I am now.

Tell me what it is
What it is you see.

Do you see it now?
The pain and tears?

Take a good look
At the girl I am today.

I am not that girl
The one you used to know.

The laughter is gone
Tears have taken its place.

Take a good look
At the girl I am in this moment.

Where confidence used once ruled
Butally low self esteem resides.

The girl who used to have such will
Now has trouble finding a reason.

Take a good look
At the girl I have become.

Know that this was not by choice
It was done to me.

I was the worlds clay
Yet I fit into a bad mold.

Take a good look
At the girl before you.

Once shining and bright
Now looks upon the world with dismay.

She needs some one to show her
That love is still real.

Take a good look
At the girl broken.

Show her compassion
And give her hope.

Make her see love
Teach her of heavens above.

Take a good look
At the girl again.

This time be gentle
This time be fair.

Help her become fulfilled
Make her life less lonely.

7 comments:

Pseudosanity said...

This is the best of what I have seen of your work. Repetition of "Take a good look" is an excellent touch. It really brings out the sense of despair. Wonderful.

Unknown said...

Thank you. I appreciate that.

Munchkin said...

This is really beautiful. You definately should get someone to help you publish your work. Love you..

Sarah Freytag said...

Hey, I'm just randomly perusing blogs, but yeah, I must agree that poem drives home a point I know well.

Unknown said...

Thanks guys! I put some bit of heart into that. Its about my older sister. She seeks the adoration of men, thinks she finds it and gets torn to shreds. Bet yall thought it was about me.....

Unknown said...

Yeah i will do that. I will let you know when i get it done. Thank you for the request.

Unknown said...

Did you see the one at the top of the page? It has a note at the end just for you. Let me know if that is what you wanted. If not we can work something out. Writing for me is very healing!