Sunday, March 27, 2005

Slightly freaked.

Got an email today. Now as if I am not always already, I am worried about some one that I care for. I know I get mad and spout out what pisses me off about my loved ones. But I dont always do it. I mean hell Kevin makes me mad all the time but yall see all the good stuff about him. Hope shes a shit and a half but I post about her nicely. But let me fall in love and I get stupid with it when I get upset or mad. Ok news break....
The chemical plant that my dad works in. That I started out in. That my friends and a few loved ones still work in alot. Just had an explosion. Ok when you live in a world where your lively hood has always depended on these places this scares the shit out of you. Hope says that the shockwave knocked shit off the walls. Im thanking God at the moment that my dad was safe at home in bed. We dont have the best relationship but damn it we have one. Toby just got out of that plant last week. Yeah I know we broke up close to a year ago but damn it I still care what happens to him. I want him safe. I dont want a plant to blow up when hes in it. I want to know that my boys are ok. Yes I still care Im just not in love with him anymore. Scares the shit out of me that the man I shared my life with up until July works frequently there. This is the second of those plants this week. They also work in the BP down in Texas City that had that major explosion this week. I havent heard from any of them. So I guess Monday morning I am going to call Len and Haskell and Binky and make sure all those boys are better than fine. Yes I am even going to check on Toby. Though I wont be calling him. I will be calling his oldest sister who would just assume spit dirt on him right now. But still she loves him. Ok Im sufficiently freaked out. See these explosions knock me to the core but I grew up in this business. I am a plant brat. I am a former plant worker. I get asked to go work these jobs on very regular basis's. So this affects me greatly. Ok I gotta go. I have an early morning. Lots of things to do. Lots of church to attend.

4 comments:

Munchkin said...

Ok this is what I have heard about what happened at the plant. I am told that one person died, maybe two. And alot of people are injured. But that is the extent of my knowledge. I have yet to leave the house today so I haven't heard the town gossip. But as soon as I know something, I will let you know. And I'm like you. I was thanking God last night that Dad wasn't out there. I know it's wrong of me to say it, but I am happy he has arthritis. Because if not, there is a HUGE chance Daddy would have been out there last night. So part of me is glowing because in some wierd world, he was spared. Love you..

Unknown said...

Yeah I love you too Kevin. I know what you will do for me and my "honor" even though Im probably not always the most honorable person. My dad loves you. You know you have always been his favorite. Probably always will be. Then again my family fell in love with your weird ass a long time ago. As for Toby Im not sure I want to talk to him. But I am considering it. I feel the need to let him know I am good with out him. That I am living a slightly productive life right now. That even though I am in love, it is not with him. That love I have learned is not one that is going to be returned again and if it is, he will never be open about it again. The one you sir shall never lay a hand on for I wont allow it. But I still love you. Hope keep me updated sweetie. I want to know what all you find out. Love you girl.

compassioNAT said...

Hulai, this episode must have ben quite alarming for you. would have scared the shit out of me, no doubt. when something like this happens so close to home, it shakes the core out of people. glad your dad is alright..

cheers,
nat

Unknown said...

See Nat growing up we always knew that every time we saw dad and some times mom could be the last. They worked in and out of these plants. They were our lively hood. There were mornings when we lived in Baton Rouge that we would get Matt and Hope off to school and Lisa and I would sit waiting by the phone, watching the tv to see if there was any news. Luckily nothing ever hurt our family. But there were some close calls. My senior year dad was getting on the day shift an hour early when the plant he was in exploded. Mom and I heard it on the radio on the way to school. I was a mess until mom called at around 12 to let me know that she had spoken to him and he was ok. Just last week there was another one that made national news. The BP Ammoco Plant in Texas City, Texas. This is one that my ex Toby is a frequent in. So are many of my friends for I worked this work too for a while. Even though I knew Toby wasnt there I worried about the other boys. Then this one. It bothers me because this is the plant that affects the worth of living in the little town that my brother, sister and dad live in. It is the plant where I met Toby, I began working at 18. That plant means alot to me and my family. So this kind of thing is a big deal in our family....