Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Problem

I have this problem. One lots of girls would love to have. I think of it as a curse. I am a tomboy. I love sports. Im a very passionate baseball fan. Give me a gun and lets go hunting. Dont ask me to go fishing though. I will do it but hell thats too boring for me. Lets throw on some hiking boots and take some camping gear and go. I have a comfort zone that more guys see than girls. I am not really well liked by the women around me cause I fit in so well with the men. Not that I am not super girly. Ask my sister Hope or Kevin who both visit this site. They will tell you that I love makeup, ear rings, and anything that means I can put on a pretty dress. I love art museums, opera, theater, musical theater even more and I even cross stitch. So Im quite girly. But I love to build things, get my hands dirty and much perfer the company of the boys most days. Anyways heres the problem. The majority of my guy friends tend to profess their love to me. That or they tell me why they want me. Problem. I need the friendship most. Stupidity comes when I fall in love with one of them too. Done that in the recent past and dont want it to happen again. So why the hell do they do this to me? Whats it about me that does this? I sure wish I knew. Why cant they see me as just one other girl? But then here is the messed up side to that... I get mad when they see me as one of the boys. I want them to recognize me as a woman, just not fall for me. I dont get it. Im not pretty, Im nothing captivating, Im not even that nice most of the time. So what the hell do they see in me???

8 comments:

Munchkin said...

Dude I see what you are saying. I'm the same way, but only I hate all that girly shit.Guys like a girl who isn't afraid to break a nail or get down and dirty. You have that. Not many guys can get their girlfriends to sit down and watch a football or baseball game without hearing "what does that mean?" or "can we watch something else?" You have rare characteristics that guys go nuts for. And they can't help BUT fall for you. Sure it gets annoying, but you have to tell them that you want to be just friends. It may hurt their feelings, but at least they know what it is you really want.

Unknown said...

Yeah well I got really stupid and fell too. But well look at me now.. I would do anything to change it and have the old us back...

Pseudosanity said...

Mandie, from what little I know of you are what I would describe as everyman's dream. A sensible woman with no drama. You have no clue to how rare that is. So basically once a guy gets close to you and realizes what you actually are, he is faced with the same problem. Should he ask you and potentially mess things up? or should he just be friends? Just the probability of finding someone else like you so low that it is totally worth taking the risk. You can neither blame them or you for this. It is as it is. Learn to take it in your stride.

Unknown said...

Tred... Thanks. Its good to know Im not alone in this fight. Maybe one day we will get this thing right huh??
Psuedo.. You are too cool. Thanks. Trust me I have my drama. I am sure they all hate it when I do. You dont know how much you and Nat are helping me. Thanks man! Im just trying to find my way!
Pogostik... Yes it is possible for them to see me as just a friend, a woman and one of the guys. Jeeze my Kevins done it for years upon years now. But the one I speak of that I messed up by actually falling for. He was and still is way important to me. Just I made the mistake of actually allowing it to happen. Truth is I love him. He will always be there in my heart. but now I find it hard to even hear his voice because he sounds happy and I want him in my life. Thing is its hard to revert back to the buddy system we once were. I dont know how to do it anymore. I cant barely listen when he tells me about the other girls in his life. So whats next? I dont know. I just hope soon I shall figure it out.

Jeff said...

Hey. I dig the theatre, museum, opera stuff too and I am a guy. That's not girly, just right brained. I'm a man's man. I carry a gun and get in fights for a living and I can like that stuff.

Also, my wife is a baseball fan. A really good looking one. I love her even more for it. That's just to show you that we will eventually find the right one. And we better hope we're both Sox fans. I could never love a Yankee.

Unknown said...

Not too overly fond of the Sox sorry. But my boys are the Astros and the Cardinals! Like I mentioned in your blog, I am pissed at the Yankees and thats on two players behalf!

Jeff said...

Well then you'll just have to find yourself an Astros fan. And my roomate in college was a Cards fan. (a fun room during inter-league play) He was a pretty good catcher himself until he blew his shoulder. Ahhhh. Wonder what he's doing now...

Unknown said...

Im just about ready go insane. Baseball season needs to get here and do it now! we had a friend that pitched in the minors. Name is Brian Winders. I wonder where he is now...