Monday, January 03, 2005

One Last Encounter

He lay across from her as she let him say,
"Forever I will love you."
Rapidly her heart was breaking as she replied,
"Then why do you have to leave?"
To this question he never answered,
Instead he reached out to her and kissed her,
Her response was defensive,
Quickly she pushed him away.
"Dont play games with me."
To this he swore he would not,
His last words as she left were,
"Please be careful."
Her last words to him were,
"Why do you pretend to care?"
Without allowing a response she was gone.
This was the last encounter between two long time lovers.
A bridge tore down and a heart left in pieces.
For her love surpassed his.
Now shes gonna make it,
And he will live with regret.

****for any who ever wondered what really happend that day, this is it. In poetic form. More was said, but this is what happend. This is how it all went down. Im letting it all go a little at a time. I have help in my healing. For that I thank you. You know exactly who you are. Even if I dont write your name. But four years will take quite a long time to heal. As each day goes by I learn more and more that I am gonna make it. I am gonna be strong and I am much better off now than I was on the day of that last encounter. Now even, my heart still aches but you have filled the large crevices with happiness and laughter. I love you.

No comments: