Why is it that we never see it coming? Why do tears never seem to help? Why do the innocent always seem to be the one affected?
Yes Im feeling a tad bitter tonight. I've lost so many in the last few months. Tonight I learned of another. A friend of mine, whom always made me laugh, was hit by a drunk driver after assisting a friend who had a flat tire. Now you tell me just how freaking fair that was??? Yes I am angry. She was doing something good, what did she get for it? She got killed! The worst part for me, her funeral is tomarrow, I will be here. I will be three states away crying my eyes out while they all say good bye.
I am so tired of all my friends dying at such young ages. I know I just said it, but, its just not fair!!!!
Maegen was a wonderful person, she was smart, funny and super talented. This was her senior year of high school. She was a volunteer fire fighter. She has two brothers who gave her a hell of a hard time, but loved her so much. Her mom just recently got married again. Her dad is a pretty neat guy too. Every one who came around her couldnt help but catch her infectious smile and laugh at her silliness.
I LOVE YOU MAEGEN.
7 comments:
Sorry to hear about your loss. It is always hard when we lose someone so young or tragically to justify the means behind the death of that person. The best way to honor your friend is through remembering her love for others, and the good times. Funerals are not for the dead, its for us. I think your friend knows that you feel her loss just as much as anyone else who will be able to be attendance.
The best thing you can do, is to remember to give to others as your firend would have done. Sometimes we can never explain why or how things like this happen. We just have to believe, they are for reason. It was time for her to go home.
You are in my thoughts girly!
I am sorry for your loss. There is never a good reason to lose a close friend. Just take consolation that you made their lives a bit more special in your own way when they were around.
Kris- thank you, you will never know how much your words really did help me. I think I will hurt for a while yet. But time heals all wounds, right?
Pseudo- goodness, I havent heard from you in forever. Thank you so much for your kindness. She was very special and showed me much life during a time when I had no reason to smile.
Oh my goodness. That's so awful. I'm so sorry.
I'm not sure what you believe, but I believe in prayer, and I'm praying God sends you wave upon wave of peace and comfort, and the same for Maegen's family and friends.
Hillary- thank you. Yes its horrible, her family thankfully is coping as well as can be expected.
Yes I do believe in prayer, I am having a bit of trouble with it at the moment though. I find it extremely unfair that God would ask for someones life in return for a good deed and then let the drunken driver go with out so much as a bruise.
Thank you for the nice words and prayers. They are much appreciated and needed.
I am so sorry. I have lost a friend in a drunk driving accident, too, a week after we graduated from high school. It's not easy and it's not fair. You are in my prayers, as are your friend and her family.
Neila- It is the wonderful people who show you support that make times like these easier. Thank you soo much for your prayers, they are much needed. One day I will try to understand God's purpose in all this, but for right now it just hurts.
Post a Comment