Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Edition #9

Thirteen Memories of Maegen D. Atchley
***Just to remember a wonderful friend and all the fun and other good things she brought to my world. You will never be forgotten, Maegen.

1. I remember the first time I met you. Dinner at the Johnson's. You made me laugh completely through dinner and I think orange drink went every where.

2. Remember that time we were on our way home from the movies and we ran out of gas? Carey and I had to pee, so you were egging us on trying to get us to pee in a bottle? Then we ran out of gas and before the car could stop, we were both out of the car and on the side of the road! Chris wasnt too happy with us when he had to bail the four of us out at almost 1am!

3. Remember all our late nights swimming at the lake? That one night that big fish swam past you and I thought you were gonna drown trying to get out of the water! I certainly didnt want to get back in that night, but you sure as heck did.

4. I remember when we went to go see Passion of the Christ, you held my hand all the way through the movie all though you had already seen it! Later on was when you, Kristy, Carey and I ran out of gas...

5. Black Cats!! Thats enough said between me and you! I will never forget at Sonic that night when Casey told us that the Cops were looking for us! To think we only threw them at your brother!

6. You and Kristy were there as "first responders" the night my world felt like it was falling apart. You assured me that life would go on with out him, and that you guys would make sure of it. I never said thank you but I did appreciate that more than you ever knew.

7. All the summer softball games that we would go watch you play! Then usually take your stinky self to the local mexican food restrant. Good times, good times.

8. Remember when Kristy, Katherine and I moved to the new place in Jewett? You spent the first night after we got the air and all going with us and it stormed really bad. You made fun of me for being such a bad weather whimp.

9. I remember when you got your first car! You were so proud, you wanted to drive it everywhere!

10. Remember when you baby brother got that kitten that summer? That little grey kitten was like demon cat. The dang thing attacked everything!

11. I remember being so bored on nights at work and you, Kristy and Carey would stop in to make sure I had some company! You always made me laugh.

12. Do you remember when we all went to the dollar store and bought those foam dart shooters? We ambushed every one that walked into the EMS station that night. That was soo much fun.

13. I began dating again and you and Kristy made fun of my choice of dates when we realized the one was prone to trouble! What did you guys call him again? Jail boy? Yeah those were the days.....

Maegen you are very loved and will be greatly missed. I will never forget you and all the silliness and fun you brought into my life! Thank you for being a great friend!


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


5 comments:

Rashenbo said...

Ah... that's a nice post! :) An interesting spelling of the name Megan too! :) Thank you for sharing.

Happy Holidays.

Writing Aspirations

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts...I know thsi time of the year can be hard when you're missing a loved one. My sister was killed by a drunk driver in 1995 and the holidays can still be hard.

My 13 are up at:

www.danno.org/blogs

Laura said...

what a great memorial. we are missing someone special who died in september this time of year too. take care.
my tt is up.

EHT said...

What a fantastic way to remember someone. My mom passed in July....I'm not feeling very Christmas-like.

Janet said...

What a beautiful tribute to your friend; I'm so sorry to hear of her death.