Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Edition #12

Thirteen Songs I love by Elvis, In honor of his 72nd Birthday.
**** If he were still alive, January 8th would have been his birthday! Since I have a crazy love for him and all things him, I will share a list of my 13 favorite songs by him!
1. Can't Help Falling In Love... I cant help it Im a sap and he sang this song so beautifully.
2. In the Ghetto... What a beautiful, yet tragic story this song tells. Though I have to admit I like it more for the comedic quality my friend Blair bestows upon it.
3. Love Me Tender... I admit I melt to the words of this song!
4. All Shook Up... Its fun its silly. I love it.
5. Are You Lonesome Tonight?... Because it just makes me think of things in the past...
6. Hawaiian Wedding Song.... Probably my favorite song. Just beautiful.
7. Im So Lonesome I Could Cry... Cause who hasn't felt like that before!
8. It's Now or Never... No particular reason! I just love it.
9. Treat Me Nice... just a fun song if you ask me.
10. Teddy Bear... A fun song, and my God daughter loves it and always wanted me to play it so it makes me think of her.
11. Suspicious Minds... Cause it speaks such truth.
12. In the Garden... A beautiful Hymn that my mom sang alot when I was a child that has grown to be one of my favorites.
13. Dont Cry Daddy... This song actually makes me cry.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

7 comments:

Di said...

My son's due date was January 8, but he ended up coming on December 23...BUT he did play "Elfis" in his kindergarten play "Elfis & the Snowriders". His "thank you very much" was very accurate!

Unknown said...

I absolutely adore "In the Ghetto". His voice is so haunting and his rendition is just amazing.

Raggedy said...

Great Elvis tunes!
Great idea for a TT.
Thank you for sharing
Have a wonderful Thursday!
My TT is posted

K said...

I love Elvis songs! A great list!!

John Holland said...

My mother would love this list, she is a big Elvis fan.

JHS said...

It's hard to envision Elvis as a 72 year old man, isn't it?

Neila said...

What a great list! Honestly, I have never been a huge Elvis fan, but I Can't Help Falling In Love With You is one of my favorites!!