Christmas is a time when you get homesick - even when you're home. ~Carol Nelson
Every year about this time I start to get excited about all the impending events and fun and magic of the holidays. I have to admit, this year all its doing is making me feel a little hairy. Like maybe I am more alone now than I have been in years. I did several holiday seasons with no family, just a few friends. Yet this year I know that what I am already missing is some one who I wish I could be with every moment of every day. Yes that sounds hokey and slightly, derangely romantic I guess.
I don't look forward to watching every one get excited, every one laughing and smiling at each other. I know that by the time that day hits, I will have had a taste of exactly the present I want most. I will have gone through the part where I have to let go. Saying good bye will be so hard it will probably take it out of me for a while. This is why I don't let myself get attached to anyone. To spare myself the hurt that comes with saying good bye. Here it is just the end of October and I already do not look forward to that day.
I know when every one gets all excited for those silly holidays I will be wishing I was some where else, with some one else. Don't get me wrong I will be so happy to be with my family. I will be. Hell I volunteer to work the holidays so every one else can be with theirs. Its how I work. But for the first time, I am already wishing I was spending it some where else.
Ok Im just feeling whiny today. I will shut up now.
2 comments:
Nothing wrong with feeling that. I spent time in a relationship that was long distance as well. Just as excited as you were to see the person, it was sad too, because just as soon as you were saying hello you were saying goodbye too. Chin up. This too shall pass.
Thanks Kris, This is all so new. So I am kinda still in shock that i am so attached to this man. But I have never in my life felt like this. Loved yes, but never like this. I adore him. I just cant believe I am already dreading good bye.
Post a Comment