Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Returning dream

Lately I have been having terrible dreams. One I have already shared. But they keep coming. Every time I escape but some one I love does not. The person that is terrorizing me is someone I moved states away from. Some one who has always since the day he entered my life, struck fear in the depths of my soul. Only later to find out my fears were very wise. There was always something about him that sat bad with me. Then the local police gave me background on him. Yeah so I thought that when I left Texas I would never think of him again.
Why all of the sudden is he showing up in my dreams and causing me so much pain and hurting the ones I love the most. Even people that I have just slight associations with. I am to the point that if I am at home alone I do not sleep for fear of not being able to stop the dreams this time. Last night Adam was not home and I slept only two hours before he was home to get ready for work. I could not sleep and if I did start to doze off the slightest noise caused me to come to full alert.
I feel haunted by this person and these horrible dreams. They have only gotten worse and more graphic. Adam has woke me up once and I have managed to wake myself up several other times. Thing is these dreams are so disgusting I dont feel comfortable nor safe disclosing exactly what happens in them. I of coarse tell Adam. I dont tell my mother because I dont want her to freak out and suggest a shrink. Forget that. I am not paying some guy to sit and listen to me spill my soul about something that is not real. My only question is why does this keep happening????

4 comments:

Pseudosanity said...

I would strongly recommend you go talk to a therapist. I had that problem not too long ago. In my case it was a relative who was being abusive to my family. Everynight for more than 2 years I had dreams with the same theme. Ofcourse I couldnt discuss this with anyone, and the unresolved emotions kept feeding on themselves. My therapist and I talked about this for an hour, and I havent had these dreams since. Its been nearly 2 months now. I dont know how it worked, or why it worked. It just did.

Unknown said...

I talked to my mother finally about this tonight. I agree if the problem persists I will seek the opinion of a therapist. I dont know how much longer this can keep me awake.

Munchkin said...

I think the reason it keeps bothering you is because that was your first real love, first real relationship, and first major heartbreak all rolled into one big enchilada (I don't care I spelled that wrong either!). It is normal to be haunted by something like that because you fear that it will happen again. I understand totally. I am scared that I will meet another guy and we will fall in love BUT because of my Air Force career, it will be shot to shit. Don't worry Shortcake. As time goes by, this shit will be just like WW2. History.

Unknown said...

Thats just it, I dont think that these terrible dreams have anything to do with Toby. They are that guy that was giving me so many problems in the store. The guy who beat every woman he got his hand on and damn near killed his own child.